Monday, April 20, 2009

Family History, and What it Means to Me

Well I can easily say that family history has been something that I have lacked information on. I have often thought, 'well my family history has been done by my relatives so I don't necessarily need to do it. Well, I have just been body-checked into the glass and have had a rude awakening. In the past I have kept journal, on both computer and paper, but it wasn't a heartfelt experience. What did I lack, why were my experiences so boring and not interesting? I remember many general authorities talking about keeping journals, simply because it is the way of family history. My wife has a blog about our family and does very well with keeping great information in it. She has been my inspiration to keep a family history blog about my family lines, 'The Weight Lines'.

Just recently I attended a temple and family history class during Sunday School in our ward and was very impressed with the Brother Ramsted's story of how he came about loving family history, and I hope to have this same love for it. I want to know my ancestors and put information and faces to names in my past.

I hope to keep updating this blog so I can keep a personal record of my family history experiences. I hope to accomplish putting invaluable information together and then making a book from it. I hope and pray that the Spirit of Elijah will be with me as I endeavor into this adventurous path to comply with a very important commandment from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment